- Gumbuya Park is great for the kids with native and exotic animals, rides, BBQ and café (5 mins).
- Bushwalking in the Bunyip State Park is only 5 minutes away.
- Mount Cannibal has stunning views of the ranges to the north (10 mins).
- You can try Horse riding at Tonimbuk Trail Rides (15 mins).
- Garfield is fast becoming a go to place for foodies with the Cannibal Creek Bakehouse specialising in sourdough bread and Little Miss Hangry Cafe (10 mins away).
- Bunyip is another local town with a supermarket, a couple of pubs and cafes (we highly recommend Biddy Martha’s) (15 mins).
- Visit Gembrook (20 mins) with a range of shops and cafes. The Puffing Billy railway line terminates at Gembrook.
- Yarragon (40 mins) is a renowned destination for vintage and antique shops and has a number of cafes and gift shops (we recommend Sticcado Cafe and the Yarragon Vintage Market).
- Cannibal Creek Vineyard, Tynong North (5 mins)
- Jinks Creek at Tonimbuk (20 mins)
- Howler Brewery, Lang Lang (30 mins)
- Ripplebrook Winery, Drouin South (30 mins)
- Gypsy Creek, Labertouche (up to 50 mins)
- Brandy Creek, Drouin East (up to 50 mins)
- Cannibal Creek Vineyard, Tynong North (5 mins): Impressive French cuisine, open for lunch 7 days a week and for dinner on the last Friday of every month.
- The Independent, Gembrook (20 mins): Spanish tapas in a modern and exciting venue.
- Forest Edge, Gembrook (20 mins)
- Parnassus, Drouin (25 mins)
- Hogget Kitchen, Warragul (30 mins): Locally sourced seasonal meals in a beautiful winery setting.
- The Lakeside Mill, Pakenham (20 mins)
- The Butcher Shop Hotel, Bunyip (15 mins): tasty local pub food in the bistro area.
- Little Miss Hangry, Garfield (10 mins): beautiful cafe with delicious, fresh meals and excellent coffee
- Biddy Martha’s, Bunyip (15 mins): charming vintage-style cafe housed in an old scout’s hall, reliable cafe meals, and excellent coffee
- Lady Lavender’s Tea Room, Bunyip North (10 mins): a longstanding local cafe with morning and afternoon tea
- Frankie’s Cafe, Pakenham (20 mins): classic Melbourne-style cafe with lots of options and good coffee
- Daddy ‘n Co, Pakenham (20 mins): trendy cafe featuring simple Sri Lankan fusion meals and some cafe staples with good coffee and friendly service
- Cafe Vanille, Pakenham (20 mins): featuring delicious cakes baked on premises
Food and Supplies
Pakenham is the nearest suburb with a Coles, Woolworth’s, Big W, Target, and other smaller shops in town (20 mins).
Bunyip has an IGA and bottle shop where you can get supplies for your stay (15 mins).
Garfield is home to an award winning butcher, and a cafe/foodstore a few doors down that has some staple items and fresh produce (10 mins).
Garfield Fresh Harvest is a locally owned grocer that sells fresh produce from their farm as well as specialty items from Gippsland. It is just off the M1, 10 minutes to the east and is well signposted (10 mins).
There is a general store just across the highway in Tynong that sells milk and pantry items (5 mins).
The Haven is also an hour’s drive from the attractions of Phillip Island, the Yarra Valley and Melbourne.